Friday 19 June 2009

Why are Dr Who aliens almost always naked?

No, really.

I was just going to turn in when I realised this (whilst glancing at various covers in progress or Doctor Who encodes that are running on my machines).

If an alien in Who isnt humanoid (ahh "humanoid" = low budget week, must have been a double episode of take heart and Z cars that week) or a machine, cyborg or Dalek (yes, I know they are a cyborg of sorts) appears on the classic version of the show, then they almost always have supposed scales or seaweed or drippy stuff (see the silurians/krynoid below or google doctor who sea devil to see) i.e. its their "skin" ergo they're partially or totally naked.

Why didnt the designers give the inteligent aliens clothes then they would look like alens in alien clothes not someone in a badly fitting alien suit.

Ooookay, I think I may be a little overtired and thinking about this too deeply. I think I'll go to bed now......

No comments: