Saturday 28 November 2009

RIP DVD Player 2003-2009

No, not all DVD players just mine.

No sooner do I discuss putting in a new swishy media front end (see below) than my trusty multi region pioneer ups and dies on me. After 6 years of putting up with variably mistreated rental discs, endless loops of my sons Bob The Builder, Disney and Dreamworks offerings and playing SVCD then DVDR holiday movies its now come to the end of an illustrious career.

Cleaning was tried but the patient just churns away and then says "Cant play this DVD".

A fitting memorial.

So since my new front end wont be ready for a while (even when the kit turns up theres a Christmas Fayre next week ......... and thats all I'm saying on that ........ ) and I cant take a week where small person will go into Disney withdrawl it's Richer Sounds for me tomorrow.

It will be another multi region DVD player though. BluRay / HD will come here eventually but I dont have a HDMI equipped set and wont be replacing 1200 DVDs any time soon. Also we'll be moving to a digital archive longer term with any HD content being via a PC attached BluRay drive or with the discs safely in their cases and images streamed over the NAS.

One week, one week there'll be a sunday with beer, movies and .... oh I can't say it .... a sofa

Whaaaaa.

No comments: